November 29, 2009

The Beer Story

One day, during a party, someone decided to throw away their empty beer can in the drain pipe of our roof.

Every day I could see this beer can littering our pipe and continually told myself that I would go clean it up. However, it never happened.

Finally one day I was outside watching the kids and remembered the beer can, so I reached up and felt around through a bunch of muck till I struck gold...and I actually did hit gold...well ok beer to be exact, because rather then finding an empty piece of trash there was a beautiful, cold, aged can of beer.

I happily drank that beer with my dinner, and though it is not a super brand, the circumstances made it taste better.

Moral of the story, don't neglect the most menial of tasks, cause you never know what you will find.

Oh, and thanks to whoever decided to stow their can up there. Your act of...well, whatever it was, came back to make someone's day more beer filled.

The hero of the story


0 Comments: